We’re Taking Common Sense Precautionary Steps to Minimize the Risks of COVID-19
In light of the current crisis, we are currently monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and are taking precautionary measures seriously to ensure the health and safety of our clients, employees, and everyone in our local communities. In efforts to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 through the inspection process, we will need help from all parties involved to help ensure everyone’s safety. We ask that this notice be forwarded to the sellers/owners of the home as well as all real estate agents involved.
Some of the things we are doing have no effect on you, such as washing our hands more often, during and between our stops and in areas that will never be seen by you. We also instruct our employees to stay at home if they are not feeling well and seek medical help if necessary.
On top of this, our inspectors will be making every effort to follow the protocols below when conducting home inspections, including but not limited to:
- Wear any available protective equipment such as face cover, gloves, and shoe covers
- Sanitize all of our tools and equipment between inspections
- Wash hands before, during and after the inspection
- Keep a hand sanitizer nearby
- Practice “social distancing” by keeping a minimum distance of 6 feet
- Avoid shaking hands or fist bumps
- Practice personal hygiene by covering mouth with their elbow/arm if sneezing or coughing
- Our inspectors will discontinue the inspection if they feel their safety, or the safety of others is at risk in accordance to these guidelines.
We typically encourage clients to attend the inspection but at this point in time, we request that clients do not attend the inspection. Instead, we will include extra pictures in our already detailed report, and we can also conduct a phone review with our client after they have read the inspection report.
If clients insist on attending the inspection, we suggest that they read the guidelines below. Feel free to call us with any questions you may have.
We understand how much you want to be around during the inspection of your potential new home. We want to provide you the best and safest service as possible so below are our suggestions:
- Out of respect for the seller’s safety, please avoid touching anything in the home and simply observe as much as possible.
- Limit the attendees to 1 client and 1 agent only and wear any safety protection you have, especially face cover and gloves. Due to the limited availability of these items, we cannot provide them for you
- Whether you are attending the inspection or not, please know that we will be available by phone for any questions you may have about the report.
- If you feel sick or show signs of any illness, we insist that you do not attend your inspection. Get some rest at home or seek medical help if needed.
Please forward this message to the sellers/home owners.
We are going to take every precaution while maintaining a considerate, high quality and non-invasive inspection. Below are our guidelines for keeping your home as safe as possible throughout the home inspection timeline:
- We will limit our contact with any of your personal items with your help as the homeowner. We request that you provide all access to all areas needing inspection, so we do not need to move any of your belongings. We expect to be needing access to the attic, electrical panel(s), HVAC system, water heater, water supply (well equipment or interior water meter/main), below all sinks and any other main components and areas.
- We request that you and your family leave the home during the home inspection.
- We will, as much as possible, avoid touching any items of the home. However, it is best that you sanitize all areas that our inspectors are likely to touch including doorknobs, light switches, faucets, window locks, shower controls, and the like.
- If the sellers/homeowners are not feeling well, or are quarantined, please arrange with us or your realtors to reschedule the home inspection (ideally with as much notice as possible (203) 951-0299).
During these times of elevated precautions, Home Quest Home Inspection will not be charging a cancellation fee for cancellations due to COVID-19 health and safety concerns. However, we do ask for as much notice as possible to help minimize our costs.
Our goal is to provide a complete and top-quality home inspection while maintaining a safe environment. We wish for everyone’s safety and good health. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
How To Protect Yourself Against COVID-19
Your Premier Connecticut Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced Connecticut Home Inspection company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Home Quest Inspection will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Connecticut area, we can help!
Owned and operated by Professional Home Inspector, John F. Koch III , Home Quest Inspection takes pride in his commitment to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.